Thursday, March 20, 2008

Am I Just Pathetic For This???

I have only had Cletus for a little over three months and for the first time I am going to be away from him overnight this weekend. But it isn't just overnight, it is for five whole days! I found myself being such the paranoid mom . . . I was packing his things and I made sure that he had a variety of treats, his favorite blanket, his favorite toys, plenty of food, and anything that I could think of. I put together a big long note of his daily routine, what he likes, emergency phone numbers, etc. A friend that I work with is taking him while I am gone, but for some reason I am totally worried for both of them. He's a lot to handle so I am a little worried.

He just picked him up a few minutes ago and I am totally feeling a sense of separation anxiety. I keep telling myself that this is ridiculous, but I am sad that he isn't here. This could be a long weekend, it is just a good thing that I am not going to be at my house.

No comments: