Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Patience is a virtue . . . it pays off!

When I was planning the plant pallet for the bed that I planted in my back yard last month I was looking for a specific hydrangea that I really liked. But no one had it. All of my perennial growers were out and no one would have it until mid to late August. Being who I am I couldn't wait and just purchased another variety instead. Side note: I do like the ones that I ended up with a lot.

Anyway, so I was at Home Depot on Saturday picking up yard waste bags and fertilizer and decided to go and brow
se their shrub selection. And right there I found three of the 'Limelight' Hydrangea that I was searching all over for earlier this summer. And the real beauty of the situation is that they were on clearance so they were the same price that I would pay wholesale so I didn't feel like I was wasting money buying them retail (sorry to all of you who are forced to by retail).

I found some Privet tha
t I really liked too so I brought them all home and planted them in another new bed that I had just finished prepping. So now I have that one started. I will post photos and a plant list when it is finished. I need to by some more plants and get it all done. Sorry . . . can't display that work in progress cause it kind of looks silly right now.

I just wanted to share my joy in finally getting what I really wanted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh, those are pretty. I envy your green knowledge.