Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring . . . And It Won't Stop

I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of rain. I turned on the news knowing that the hurricane was supposed to hit Texas to see how things were going. As the morning progressed it just kept raining and I really didn't think anything of it until I looked outside and saw 2" of water covering my entire patio. And now a day and a half later it has finally stopped raining. The bucket on my patio that was empty now has 10+ inches of water in it. Having grown up in the what is considered desert this was crazy. There are parts of this country that get that much rain in a year. Anyway, I just thought that I would share. The pictures don't quite show just how crazy it was.

5 comments:

Burtonfamily said...

I think we were in the same storm in MI. We have a lake, literally, in a backyard!

Jenn Hansen said...

Send the rain this direction if you would, my yard could use it! But really, your back patio is looking really nice, I am very jealous!

Lin said...

Officially, we got about double what you got; a little weird considering the distance. Still, at least it wasn't followed by humidity like usual.

Unknown said...

I love all-day rain storms. They are relaxing to paint to.

Your porch is gorgeous!! You are so good at what you do.

How did that talk go you had to give on being single?

Liz said...

Thanks Cristall . . . the talk went really well . . . one I hope to never have to give again, but people were really receptive to it. I thought I was a little harsh cause the message of it was that we all got problems no matter where you are at in life so stop feeling sorry for yourself and just live your life and be happy. But people really responded well.