Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Reminder . . .

So I bought this house in November and at that point all of the existing plant material was starting to go dormant not to mention I was too crazy busy to care to look and see what it was. But as Spring approached I had a huge desire to do something with my landscape and to find out more about what was already here.

I love home improvement stores so I go all of the time, and every time I have to go into the
garden center. As I have been looking at plants and bulbs I have had this huge urge to buy peonies. They are kind of an old fashioned flower, but for some reason I have this huge desire to have some. Then I realized it is because my mom has some and really loves them.

Anyway, my pleasant surprise this Spring was to discover that I already have some. There are two different ones in two different parts of the yard. They just started blooming and they are beautiful!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

i think they look pretty. they compliment your house really well. in fact, they make me happy when i look at them.

Jenn Hansen said...

Peonies are good, plus with an older home like yours, I would think that it would be best tostick with the old school flowers... Just a thought. THey are pretty though...