Saturday, May 10, 2008

You scared me!

Last night I got home from work late and Cletus was here waiting for me and dying to get outside so he could go to the bathroom. When he came inside he was dripping blood from there (sorry, I won't be graphic). It scared me, moments later it stopped, but I turned him on his back to see if I could figure out what was happening. It stopped, but I was still worried.

Then early this morning I woke up and let him out again and the same thing happened. This time I followed him around to see if it was in his pee or separate. (Once again, sorry a little gross). But, it wasn't. So now I am really confused, but I have to go to work . . . so I called the vet and set an appointment for this afternoon cause I was really scared. When blood comes out of somewhere that it isn't supposed to it is pretty scary.

So I took the little man to the vet this afternoon . . . which he didn't like a bit. Granted no one likes to be poked and prodded. But she determined that it was a simple prostate infection that would be cleared up with antibiotics. So $200 later we were on our way home. I felt relieved, but here is hoping that the antibiotics work and this is really all that it is.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

poor poor cletus. i'm glad he's okay! he looks happy in the picture.